Developed as a replacement to the bi-plane fighters of the RAF, such as the Hawker Fury and Gloster Gauntlet the Hawker Hurricane MKI Earlywas revolutionary.
The maiden flight of the first production aircraft, powered by a Merlin II engine, took place in 12th October 1937. The first four aircraft to enter service with the RAF joined No.111 Squadron RAF at RAF Northolt the following December. By the outbreak of the Second World War, nearly 500 Hurricanes had been produced.
Although they fought valiantly, these very early Hurricanes, with their fabric wings and two-blade propellers, had fallen behind the best of the Luftwaffe's fighters.
The newly tooled model features:
- Authentic fabric effect on wings and fuselage
- Optional two and three blade propellers
- Optional exhaust stacks, cockpit armour and radio masts
- Early small rudder or later large rudder and tailfin extension options
- Detailed cockpit and undercarriage bay
Perfect for a gift or a project for yourself, construct and paint this incredible aircraft with this fantastic set.
- Plastic Model Kit
- Construction and Painting Required
- Paints and Brushes NOT Included
- Skill Level 1 (1 – Beginner, 4- Expert)
- Flying Hours: 1
- Number of parts: 63
- Approx. Dimensions: 13.3 x 17.1cm (5.2 x 6.7 Inches)
Hornby Hawker Hurricane MKI Early