Introduction to Mount Cutting
Great for beginners, and for those wanting to refresh their mount cutting skills and spend an enjoyable day cutting mounts in like-minded company. Suitable for crafters, painters, photographers, calligraphers, textile artists, in fact anyone wanting to make their pictures, or someone else's, look their best.
• Learn to cut accurate, bespoke, single mounts using a handheld mount cutter
• Calculate sizes so you can fit your pictures into readymade or existing frames
• By the end of the morning you will have cut your first two mounts
• Experiment with mount and frame samples to see their effect on the picture
• Discover what the back of the frame should look like
• Take home several mounted pictures ready to prop on the mantelpiece or drop in a frame
The price of £65 includes two sheets of off-white mount board (one student board, one conservation board), illustrated handouts, use of all tools and equipment, each person will have use of a handheld, easy-to-use mount cutter.
What do I bring?
Please bring several pictures and a packed lunch (homemade cade provided). If you have any frames please bring them too.
Maximum of four places available. Please contact Lynne directly to check availability and to pay (09708 961 229 or email@example.com). Please see Lynne's website - www.lynnefriel.co.uk - for more details and for dates for specilaist and advanced mount cutting workshops.