Take to the skies with the Airfix Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Model Kit.
Few aircrafts in the history of aerial warfare can boast the impact and combat credentials of the Grumman F6F Hellcat, one of the finest fighting machines ever to take to the skies.
A product of the already successful Grumman ‘Ironworks’, the company’s design philosophy was only to produce aircraft which were easy to manufacture and maintain and must be reliable in a combat situation. Importantly, it must be an effective combat aircraft and able to be mastered by the average wartime pilot following a standard conversion period. This no nonsense approach ensured that the Hellcat was ready to fight and available in some numbers when they eventually reached US Navy units in 1943.
This kit will be the perfect addition to any model-maker's collection.
- Size: 424 x 543 x 139mm
- Skill level: 4
- Scale: 1:24
- 572 parts
- Paint and glue not included
- Suitable for ages eight years and over
- Can be built with wings open or folded
- Includes full cockpit detail with open or closed canopy options
- Complete fully detailed radial engine, engine mount and all ancillaries
- Realistic surface detailing showing rivets, fasteners and rippled ‘stressed skin’
- Drop tanks (2 types), 250Ib and 500Ib bombs and rockets all included
- Includes a choice of four decal schemes
Airfix Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat Model Kit 1:24
*This product is only available online and not in Hobbycraft stores.