1. Cut a sprig of foliage roughly one quarter of the size of the star.
2. Trim the stem of your foliage, so that it is about 2 inches long and will sit flat along the length of wire.
3. Place the sprig of foliage so that it hangs down into the middle of the star, with the stem laying flat along the wire of one point of the star.
4. Use twine to wrap the stem around tightly to the wire base – you can reinforce by using floral wire or a glue gun underneath the twine.
5. Finish off by cutting a short length of a bell garland, hang in front of the foliage, and wrap the twine at the top around your existing twine join – then use glue to stick the end down in place, at the back of the wreath.