1. To create your hand-script coasters, first write out your text in the pen, then create lines around the outside of the initial, adding accents and curves as you connect the lines. Colour in your text. Wait for it to dry and then add highlights with white POSCA pen.
2. For the snowflake coasters, colour two of your coasters with the 8k white and the 5M green POSCAs. Leave to dry. Now use your contrasting 3m POSCA pens to make a cross, then make two diagonal intersecting lines over the cross as shown. Then embellish the intersecting lines with dashes, dots and heart shapes as shown to make snowflakes.
3. Now embellish your discs with a Christmas tree design. Make three zigzag tiers with the green 3m POSCA pen. Create a snow effect by using the white 3m POSCA to add zigzags at the bottom of every tier. Dot in coloured baubles with a contrasting POSCA colour. You can make a simpler tree by stacking downward facing ‘v’ shapes on top of each other.
4. To illustrate a Christmas wreath, simply make a circle using rough layered pen strokes with the green 3m POSCA pen. Blend and add texture by overlaying green and white pen marks. Once dry embellish the wreath as you wish.
5. The star design is easy to recreate. Just draw five connecting diamond shapes and then draw lines connecting the tip of each point to where each shape joins as shown. Now colour in half of each shape and, once this is dry, add high lights with a contrasting pen. We’ve coloured in the background of our star designs prior to embellishing but you can go with your own style.