Animal Party Hat Cake Toppers
1. Draw around a small circle on a piece of patterned paper, a reel of washi tape is perfect for this. Cut out.
2. Gently fold the circle in half, and then half again and the unfold.
3. Cut out one of the quarters of the circle using the folds as a guide.
4. Curl the shape into a cone and then apply a small dot of glue from the glue gun to the corner of the paper. (Be careful with your fingers!)
5. Place a dot of glue onto the top of the hat and place a pom pom.
6. Lightly glue around the edge of the party hat and place onto the figure’s head.
Tissue Paper Leaf Garlands
1. Open up the dark green tissue bundle and cut it in half down the main fold.
2. Concertina the tissue paper using the folds which are already there from the packet as a guide.
3. Draw a point at the top and bottom of the tissue to make a rough leaf shape.
4. Cut small triangular chunks from the edge to give the leaves the jungle look.
5. Open out the leaves and use however you wish, to make them longer you can use a glue stick to gently glue one garland to another, and using the lighter green you could try different leaf shapes and layer them up when you hang.