The Sashiko Starter Kit includes everything you'll need to create a standard cushion cover! Why not learn this fantastic technique and create a beautiful embroidery work to treasure?
Sashiko is the traditional Japanese technique of needlework quilting that uses a simple running stitch to create beautifully decorative patterns ideal for patchwork, quilting and embroidery. Sashiko (pronounced shash-ko) means 'stab stitch' and refers to the small running stitch that is worked to build up distinctive decorative patterns.
The kit includes 142cm x 0.5m of 100% cotton fabric, four assorted 4 inch templates, 40m embroidery thread, a fabric panel and a pack of embroidery needles. You can use the materials to create a cushion cover that is 40 x 40cm.
- Includes 142cm x 0.5m of 100% cotton fabric, four assorted 4 inch templates, 40m embroidery thread, a fabric panel and a pack of embroidery needles
- Makes a 40 x 40cm (15.7 x 15.7 inches) cushion cover
- Ideal for learning the Japanese technique of Sashiko
- Running stitch embroidery technique
- Dry clean or wash by hand or gentle machine wash, drip dry, cool iron
Sashiko Starter Kit
*This product is only available online and not in Hobbycraft stores.