1. Cut the following lengths:
Ecru – 16 x2m
Navy – 12 x 2m
Mustard – 12 x 3m
2. Attach lengths onto bottom of star in the following order using the Larks Head knot:
8 x ecru, 6 x navy, 12 x mustard, 6 x navy, 8 x ecru.
3. Set the ecru and navy strings aside as you will now just be working with the mustard strings.
4. Using centre 8 strings create a square knot approx 2cm down from the copper star.
5. Using string 1 as a guide, create a diagonal line of half hitch knots using strings 2 to 12.
6. Take the last string as a guide and work a diagonal line of half hitch knots using all strings, making sure the knots join together in the centre to make a ‘V’ shape. (this is the bottom of the first diamond)
7. Take the original guide (string 1) continue the line of half hitch knots to match the other side.
8. Create a square knot using centre 8 strings, making sure it is in line with the ends of the half hitch knots.
9. Continue working diagonal lines of half hitch knots to create 2.5 diamonds in total.
10. Cut all strings level across the bottom at your desired length.