We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any information from which you can be identified (referred to as "Personal Data") that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our processes and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
The relevant laws are: (i) the Data Protection Act 2018; (ii) the UK General Data Protection Regulation; (iii) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016; and (iv) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (together, the "Data Protection Legislation").
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, we, Hobbycraft Trading Ltd, Registered office: 0806269 of 7 Enterprise Way, Christchurch, Dorset Bh23 6HG, are the Data Controller.
Personal data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
1. Personal Data you give us
- • to enable you to access our Website or app and to correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise
- to allow you, as part of the Hobbycraft Club, to receive information, Products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
The Personal Data you give us may include items such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. We rely on ‘contractual necessity’ as the lawful ground for the processing of your Personal Data in such cases.
2. Personal Data that we collect about you
- to improve our Products and to ensure that Website or app content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website or app and services, when you choose to do so
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you for our goods or services that may interest you
This includes automatically collecting and using the following Personal Data: technical information, including your account registered information, and information about your session, including the information (such as scrolling, clicks), and other Personal Data supplied as part of the registration to the Hobbycraft Club and using the Website or app to purchase products. The legal basis on which we process this Personal Data is primarily for the purpose of pursuing our legitimate interests as an arts and crafts retailer.
3. Personal Data in user generated content
- Personal Data we collect from your user generated content to use for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes
Uses made of your Personal Data
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- Personal Data you give to us. We will use this Personal Data:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; or
- to ensure that content from our Website or app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Personal Data we collect about you. We will use this Personal Data:
- to administer our Website or app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Products and to ensure that Website or app content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website or app and services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website or app safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website or app about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To send you an email if you have bought from us either in store or online, inviting you to review the product/s bought. You will be able to unsubscribe from these emails.
- Personal Data we collect from user generated content. We will use this Personal Data for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes in accordance with our Terms and Conditions (using the services of Bazaarvoice, Inc. to do so).
- Facewatch facial recognition is used within our premises for the lawful purpose of prevention and detection of unlawful acts including theft and violence against our staff and customers.
- We supply incident details and CCTV images of people responsible for unlawful acts within our premises to Facewatch; and receive alerts from Facewatch if a person entering our premises is known by Facewatch to be responsible for committing an unlawful act in our premises or elsewhere.
- Our lawful basis for the processing of personal data in this way is that the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest, namely the prevention and detection of crime.
- Our lawful basis for the processing of criminal offences committed within our premises in this way is that the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the substantial public interest, namely the prevention and detection of crime.
- Facewatch is the data controller responsible for the processing of personal data by way of facial recognition.
- We display clear signage in all stores where Facewatch is used. This signage details how to obtain the Facewatch privacy notice.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with any member of the group of companies of which we are a part.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Hobbycraft Trading LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets;
- in the event you complete a form and give permission to feature in Hobbycraft Plus marketing; the information you provide will be shared with Untld Project to facilitate and may be used publicly to promote your small business.
- in the event you agree to our Terms and Conditions in relation to user generated content, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data on public-facing websites, applications and communications for the purposes of marketing, advertising and promotion (and please note that the collection and processing of this Personal Data is carried out on our behalf by Bazaarvoice, Inc.); or
- We share data with platforms such as Google, Meta and TikTok to tailor the marketing we send you via their sites and products.
Where we store and transfer your Personal Data
The Personal Data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will generally be processed by us at a destination anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). Transfers between the EU and UK are made on the basis of an adequacy decision by the European Commission. In processing your Personal Data, it will sometimes by necessary for us to transfer your Personal Data outside the UK and EEA, such as where your information is processed by overseas third party service providers located outside the UK and EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in any event in accordance with this policy and Data Protection Legislation when it is processed in a location outside the EEA or UK. We may enter into contracts with entities based outside the EEA and UK where this is required by Data Protection Legislation.
Retention of your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with access to our Website or app and services. In relation to Personal Data that we collect from user generated content, we will retain the data for as long as needed for our marketing, promotional and advertising purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or otherwise request that we no longer use your Personal Data, contact us at; firstname.lastname@example.org we will only retain and use your Personal Data thereafter as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International payments made through our web site are made via our partner Global E. Global E require that data captured is retained by Global E to meet tax and financial legal requirements for a period of 7 years before deletion. Any queries can be directed to Global E at email@example.com.
Security of your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We comply with accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us. We use strict procedures and advanced security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is however 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are not permitted to share a password with anyone.
Our Website or app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notice of any website you visit.
You have the following rights in relation to the handling of your Personal Data:
- You have the right to request details of your Personal Data held about you by us
- You have the right to have inaccuracies corrected for Personal Data held about you by us
- You have the right to have Personal Data held about you erased / deleted
- You have the right to object to direct marketing being conducted based upon Personal Data held about you by us
- You have the right to restrict the processing for Personal Data held about you by us, including automated decision-making
- You have the right to data portability for Personal Data held about you by us
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time
You can exercise any of your rights outlined above by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action your request within one month. Where we receive a large number of requests, or receive especially complex requests, this may be extended by a maximum of two further months. If we fail to meet these deadlines or if you feel your rights have not been adequately respected, you may complain to the Supervisory Authority and/or seek a judicial remedy.