Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Sustainability Commitment
"As an Arts and Crafts retailer we celebrate “make do and mend” but recognise that in selling new core component materials we too can make a difference. We are committed to becoming more sustainable the more we grow, through focus on colleague wellbeing, our store communities and in the way we use our buying power to drive positive change. Fundamentally we aim to do what is right with integrity and transparency.”
Dominic Jordan, CEO
Our approach to Sustainability
We are committed to improving the sustainability of all aspects of our business going forward, with key objectives in place to bring about the necessary changes.
We've identified three key areas:
- People: To put colleagues' health and wellbeing at the heart of all we do and to enhance the communities we are in.
- Integrity: To source and sell with integrity by working closely with all suppliers and demanding transparency in our supply chain.
- Environment: To reduce waste in all we do.
- Proactively reducing our use of single use plastics in products and packaging by 2021
- Working towards 100% reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging by 2021
- All single-use cutlery, plates, straws, drink stirrers/sticks now removed from range (ahead of government deadline)
- Working with all balloon suppliers to ensure that all packaging is responsibly labelled
- Signed up to OPRL packaging scheme
- Bio-degradable glitter now in all stores
- 80% reduction in plastic carrier bag usage
- All gift wrap can be recycled
- Exit Styrofoam in core range by 2022 and seasonal after Christmas 2019
- Working to make improvements with vendors that deliver excess packaging waste