1. Cut out a tie shape from red felt.
2. From your yellow felt, cut out strips in two widths – I would suggest about 1.5cm wide and 0.7cm wide.
3. Position the yellow strips on the red tie base, until you are happy with the design. Trim off the edges to the required width.
4. Stick down the yellow stripes using your glue gun.
5. Measure how much elastic you need to go around your neck, and cut with a couple of centimetres extra each side to allow for sticking down.
6. Finally, use your glue gun to stick the edges of the elastic down onto the back of the felt tie, and leave to dry.